Banana, Honey and Cinnamon Almond Milk Smoothie0 Comments
I love my patisserie cakes and everything sweet and this blog may allude you to thinking it is ALL I eat, well truth be told I generally eat fairly healthy for the most part. Almond milk is my daily routine, it kicks starts my mornings before I have my espresso. A good almond milk smoothie will keep me fueled for most of the morning. This recipe is very easy and much more nutritional than the supermarket shelf brands. Sometimes I mix in a tablespoon of raw cacao powder or soaked goji berries.
- Handful of Almonds
- 1-2 cups of water (your preference)
- 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 2 ripe Bananas (frozen bananas will give the smoothie a thick cold consistency)
- Soak the almonds overnight
- The next day, drain and rinse the almonds. Place in a blender with the water and blend on smoothie mode or high.
- Use either a cheese cloth or sieve to press the almond milk through. The end result is a lovely fluffy textured milk.
- Then place the almond milk, 2 bananas, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and half a tablespoon of honey into the blend. Blend it all on smoothie mode.