Peanut Butter Cups1 Comments
Who loves Reece’s peanut butter cups? I do! I really do, so much so I had to make them at home. This is a super easy recipe adapted from the New York Cult Recipes cookbook. Thankyou @shopgirlinprint for the recommendation! The peanut butter cups were ready to eat in a couple of minutes after making.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 280g dark chocolate, chopped into very small pieces for melting (I love dark chocolate however you can also use a sweeter chocolate)
- 150g peanut putter
- Prepare the paper cases, reinforce by stacking a few together. Then remove the spare ones as soon as the cups have set.
- In a saucepan over the stove, melt the chocolate and coconut oil over very low heat, stirring with a spatula and lifting the sauce pan from the heat source every now and then to avoid the chocolate becoming too hot.
- The assembly will consist of one layer of chocolate, peanut butter and then chocolate again.
- Pour a small portion of the melted chocolate into the cups. Place in the fridge for 2 minutes. Pull from the fridge and proceed to add peanut butter to the cups. Then fill the cups with the remaining chocolate.
I use Macro organic peanut butter.
I love Whittaker’s chocolate but will buy anything on special at the local supermarket.
Keep the peanut butter cups in the fridge and pull out when ready to serve